FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups Smith Lake Community Forum 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 

Alabama Boating RULES & REGULATIONS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smith Lake Community Forum Forum Index -> Boats... Boats... Boats...

Bill Reply with quote
HMFIC

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Alabama Boating RULES & REGULATIONS

This link shows Alabama Boating Rules & Regulations.

Keep in mind that being in a dry county, rules regarding alcohol posession and consumption on the lake are not discussed here. Check with local authorities.

http://www.outdooralabama.com/boating/rules-regulations/

laverne Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Boaters Day

Boaters Day
Saturday May 5th 10:00 A.M to 12:00 A.M. Duncan Bridge Marina Florida Marine Police: to discuss current boating Laws and Regulations Maybe you just have a particular question you need an answer for. This will be the place and time to acquire an answer to your question. The Smith Lake Coast Guard Flotilla will also be there to talk with you about any problems or inspect your boat; to be sure everything is ready for this summerís fun. INSPECTION OF YOUR BOAT IS FREE!!!!! Saturday May 12th. 10:00 A.M to 12:00 A.M Church on the Lake ( Next to Rock Creek Marina) Florida Marine Police: to discuss current boating Laws and Regulations Maybe you just have a particular question you need an answer for. This will be the place and time to acquire an answer to your question. The Smith Lake Coast Guard Flotilla will also be there to talk with you about any problems or inspect your boat; to be sure everything is ready for this summerís fun. INSPECTION OF YOUR BOAT IS FREE!!!!!
Member of Winston County Natural Resource Council

RandyJ Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject:

If I do miss this event I hope someone will ask for an explanation or discussion about driving on the wrong side of the lake...

I've heard of a couple of people being ticketed for this and I was told that one judge laughed it out of court. In some cases it is ridiculous and preposterous but in other's ... well let's just say there are idiots out there... and in some cases there are a few traffic cops who are a bit overly anxious to interrupt people's enjoyment of the lake. Let me add that I do very much appreciate the job that the water patrol guys do!

The law states that when meeting someone head on you are to stay to the right but it is kinda weird when you're 1/4 mile on the left to run to the other side of the lake just to pass them....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smith Lake Community Forum Forum Index -> Boats... Boats... Boats...
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions